Thursday, April 06, 2006

PAINTING FOR SALUTE (16 days to go)

It's Thursday 6th April and here are the latest photos chronicling my efforts to paint a 28mm Brunswick Uhlan Squadron by 21st April (for the painting competition at Salute Zero Six in London on the 22nd), whilst maintaining my output of "Uniform Guides" on my main blog - no rest for the wicked! Today's photos feature horses #1, #2 & #3 (all finished - give or take...well I've the skull & crossbones to paint on the covers) and one nearly finished horse #4 (bay) and a couple of horse Chestnuts (pardon the pun), a Grey (to be dappled) and a black (dark brown basecoat). In fact, I've now finished horse #4, which has taken four days - doesn't bode well and I'm out of the loop this weekend to concentrate on my girlfriend or a divorce is on the cards! Anyway, I'll let my pix tell the story so far... click on the images to view in full.





I've never painted a chesnut before...but am quite pleased with initial results.
Oh yes, and the Uhlans have been prepared with a base coat. I plan to paint a couple of faces tomorrow (Friday 7th April).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com
View My Stats